Facility Event Space Rental Agreement
This contract for the rental of a venue is made this day, __________________, by and between TOY STORY TEXAS KIDS CLUB, INC., hereafter referred to as the Owner, and _______________________, hereafter referred to as the Renter.
Whereas, the Renter desires to temporarily rent, occupy, and make use of the Owner’s venue, located at 507 Randon Dyer Road Rosenberg, TX 77471 and known as TOY STORY RANCH, and Whereas, the Owner agrees to such rental, occupation, and use in consideration of certain payments and covenants herein enumerated;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Renter shall pay to the Owner the sum of $___________________ no later than
__________________ (Event Date).
Of this amount, $___________________(20% of the sum) is a non-refundable deposit that will be applied to rental charges upon final settlement of accounts. The remainder, $___________________(20% of the sum), is for damages/security deposit which will be returned to the Renter upon settlement, minus any charges for actual damages done to the venue by Renter or his/her associates.
2. The Renter shall have access to and use of the venue from _________ o’clock on
__________________, to _________ o’clock on __________________, for the purpose of hosting the Renter’s ______________________ event. Owner shall provide to Renter all keys, access control codes, and other items necessary to give Renter such access no later than__________________.
3. The full rental fee for the use of the venue described in (2) above shall be
$___________________. The balance of the rental fee due, less the non-refundable deposit described in (1) above, shall be payable to the Owner upon the expiration of the rental period described in (2) above.
4. Within the day of the rental period’s expiration, Renter shall tender to Owner the
rental fee balance due, and all keys and other access control devices in his/her possession.
5. Renter shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when Renter took control of it.
6. Upon Renter’s completion of his/her obligations under (4) and (5) above, the Owner shall return to Renter the security deposit minus any amounts deemed necessary to repair damages inflicted upon the venue by Renter and/or Renter’s associates, guests, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the venue during the rental period, whether or not such persons did so with Renter’s knowledge or consent.
7. In the event that Renter fails to pay the balance due within the time period agreed upon in this contract, interest shall accrue upon the unpaid balance at the rate of 50% per year until it is paid. Renter shall also be liable to owner for any legal fees, court costs, and other expenses associated with collection.
8. Renter will be liable for any physical damages, legal actions, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that Owner may incur as a consequence of the actions of Renter or any of Renter’s guests while Renter is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all legal actions which may arise from Renter’s use of the venue.
9. I understand that TOY STORY TEXAS KIDS CLUB, INC. is not liable for accident or illness occurring to my guests while he/she is in TOY STORY RANCH.
Liability for the acts of the children while they are in TOY STORY RANCH is the parent's responsibility.
10. I understand that any adult who is obviously impaired (due to alcohol and/or drugs) will not be permitted to supervise with my child unless they are accompanied by another adult who is not impaired. Furthermore, a parent under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs when bringing children to the animals cage will not be tolerated.
11. I understand the victim of an attack by the animals can’t recover damages from the animal’s owner.
12. A person taking horseback riding lessons, assumes the risks of this activity and can’t sue the horse’s owner for injuries typically associated with riding.
13. Any disputes arising under this contract shall be adjudicated in the Owner’s local jurisdiction. In witness of their understanding of an agreement to the terms and conditions herein contained, the parties affix their signatures below.
Renter’s Signature date
Director’s Signature date
TOY STORY TEXAS KIDS CLUB, INC.
507 Randon Dyer Road Rosenberg, TX 77471